Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thing 8

Customized start pages are a great idea! They can pull together many things that you often go to the web for like weather and news. Most of the time that I am going to the web I am going to use PCR to put in assignments and grades. My ie opens with two tabs, one with the Academy Start Page and one with PCR.

Now, I did try having a customized start page, but it drove me crazy. It would take longer to load and I don't have a lot of patients. Then, I would start reading something on my start page and get totally distracted from what I had come on to do.

If we ever get a computer at home again I may go back to a customized start page, but for now I like my ashmi.org and PCR :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I love my Netvibes page but I don't set it as my home page. It would be way too distracting. I usually check my Netvibes page in the evening and not every night. I check it a couple of days a week. I like how it tracks the new posts so I don't reread anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Netvibes page. I have at least four tabs that open when I go to the Internet and this is one of them. I too get lost in reading, I am trying to set limits on my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider using zenstart. It is real simple. It has a Google search box and the 150 most popular links - www.zenstart.com

    ReplyDelete