Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thing 3

Blogging gives you an opportunity to speak to people you would otherwise not have an opportunity to speak to. For example, you can blog to authors on their web pages. This is slightly different then emailing because it is so much more open for anyone to see. For example, the writer of Dilbert, Scott Adams, has a blog in which he writes and you can comment to him.

I was watching the Women's long programs last night and one of the skaters had actually written on her blog earlier that day that she was going to "give it her all" that night. The news casters had seen her blog and were talking about it before her skate. Is was really neat to get some insight in to what she was thinking about before she went to skate!

3 comments:

  1. I have an educational blog that I'm sure no one has ever looked at, at least I have never received a comment. From 23 Things I have learned that if I go to other peoples' blogs and comment with a link to my blog I might get more traffic. I am wondering if there are other ways to attract people to a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first heard of blogging in the movie Julie & Julia and was very curious about the whole idea. Your note about the skater was very interesting for me ~ blogging is kind of a form of online journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How serendipitous - the skaters blog and the then comments from the newscasters about the skater's blog. This makes me believe that the world is more more interconnected that we can possibly imagine.

    ReplyDelete