Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 23

At first thought 23 Things did not seem like very many things to do. But 23 Things to do, really are a lot (especially during high school skating season, being pregnant and due in 1 week and 6 days, and taking grade six to camp).

My favorite Things of the journey were YouTube, Screencasting, and Twitter. YouTube has so many video's and places where it can be applied, I am glad I made an account. Screencasting is just awesome. I am amazed at how much it can offer and yet is free and so easy to use. Twitter I am excited about since I was able to get my mom an account and now have a new way of communicating updates with family and friends.

I would definitely do Things again if they were offered. I wish there was a way to get more people involved. I think people felt required to do all 23 Things, but I feel like some of the things on the 23 Things list would be very beneficial to some people. I want to try to get them to at least try those Things.

The Things were set up in an excellent format! They were very easy to follow, the directions made it easy and fun. I think my biggest down fall was the amount of time spent working through Things. I often tried to find iPhone apps that went along with Things, or go off on tangents, or didn't like my screencast, so I remade it 5 different times...

Over all, this was a great experience! Thank you for everyThing!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the incentive. I have not really enjoyed 23 things but I have to admit, that I have not done too many things. I am going to explore those that you recommend.
    Any baby yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No baby yet - I had an ultra sound today and they said she is about 6 lbs 3 oz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your participation in the program. As a Tech Coach you also did double duty by commenting on blogs as well.

    Participants didn't have to do all 23 Things but I think an important component of the program was blogging. This reflective piece was critical. If you are only going to do two or three Things, is it worth making a blog? Maybe not...but people could document their learning in OneNote. So, this might be a suggestion for people who want to do a couple of Things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even at the close of this project I am pushing folks to try a Thing or two.

    ReplyDelete