Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 22

AHHHHH! I was immediately very excited about this Thing! I have been using twitter and like I said in my last post I wanted to get my mom and dad involved with twitter and get them tweeting so I could send them information and updates about how everything is going with the baby stuff.

So, I called up my mom and walked her through the steps of setting up an account (over the phone!) and then had her make her account private, had her make me one of her followings, and now my follower, and then I made her tweet! She was a natural! Her first tweet was that she was making dinner (She works late tonight, so she makes dinner early in the day so my dad can eat when he gets home from work).

My mom was very excited,especailly since I had the picture of my cat posted in one of my last tweets and she was able to click on it and see my cat. I think seeing my cat kind of opened her eyes as to what can be done with this tool. I am sure she will continue to use it, as I also showed her how some of her sisters and cousins are already using twitter!

3 comments:

  1. You truly are a tech coach! Way to go. As a side note, I have been training my mom on using her new iPad. It's been quite an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun teaching parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parents will thank you when the baby comes and you give them lots of updates via Twitter.

    ReplyDelete