Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thing 5

Linkedin is a very interesting tool. My husband has been using it for a few years now in his line of work and has had mostly positive experiences with it. It seems to be a good tool for helping people find jobs in his industry.

I feel that Linkedin has really been viewed as something "business" people use and that there are other resources that teachers use, maybe causing teachers to shy away from using Linkedin. I am looking forward to seeing how teachers are able to use Linked in. I often feel, as I am creating a worksheet or project rubric that I might be "re-inventing the wheel" and that someone out there has probably already made it. I wish there was some huge database and someone to organize it (well a group of people) so that things could be shared more.

I am also a member of Facebook, although I do not check my account very often. Facebook is similar to Linkedin in that it is really easy, using a simple email address to find many connections.

1 comment:

  1. There are lots of social networks on the web for educators, but none are like LinkedIn. It also seems that the teacher social networks do not cross the borders that LinkedIn does.

    ReplyDelete