Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thing 13

YouTube has such a wide variety of video's to offer, I didn't know where to start! I love YouTube. I have the app for it on my phone. My all time favorite is still Charlie the Unicorn. It was my first experience with YouTube many years ago.



From all of the Things postings that link to YouTube, it is clear that there is a wide variety of options out there that YouTube can be used for. One of the great parts that can be valuable to students are things like finding the slope of a line for which there are 1,630 video's, many of which are pretty good!

For teachers using video's from YouTube, I do caution that you watch a video before showing it to students. Also, some of our students do have YouTube accounts and post to them. It is a great way to see another aspect of a student!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting point about seeing what students post to YouTube.

    And you sure do love that Charlie the Unicorn video. I still remember when you showed it to me approximately 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you explore TeacherTube or SchoolTube? I know you have used Discovery Streaming.

    ReplyDelete