Friday, April 2, 2010

Thing 17

Before even starting Thing 17, I actually had Wikipedia open because I was trying to find more names and different shades of purple. I thought it was funny as I was reading that I needed to go to different Wiki sites when I already had one open.

For some reason it seems I go more and more often to Wikipedia to get quick information for things in my personal life, for example the age of the Butler Basketball coach (because he looked very young). I usually verify information that I find on Wikipedia, they usually have good links at the bottoms of posts, making it easy to check. I also love that Wikipedia has kind of become a super-powerful encyclopedia. Plus it is updated often - for example with Butler it already says that they are in the final four for the years NCAA tournament!

As for other ideas, a teacher that use to teach at ASH had a family Wiki that they used for listing Christmas presents that they would like and when someone got a gift off the list the could anonymously check off that that gift had been purchased!

2 comments:

  1. As a personal use, a wiki Christmas list is a great idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read any of the wikis? I found some great science ones on the More link. One in particular was about Free Stuff for Science Teachers.

    ReplyDelete