Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thing 21

I didn't originally want to open a twitter account because I felt like I wouldn't keep up with it like I don't keep up with my facebook account. My facbook just kind of exists and I go to it about once a month (although, I have been able to find some people I might not have been able to find with out facebook!)

Now that I am going to be having a baby soon (today is now 1 week and 6 days until my due date!) I was thinking it might be a nice way to communicate with family and friends to let them know what it going on. I had read on another 23 Thingers blog how they had used it with their family to get updates on family members and thought that would be a great idea. Now I just have to get my mom and dad an account and show them how to use it! (For parents, they are very good at using technology!) My user name is HollyMSK8 on twitter.

twitpic app for iPhone - I read that you could twitter pictures, so I decided to investigate. I couldn't find anything in the typing box on twitter that allowed a picture, so I went and researched it. Turns out twitter doesn't have a picture uploader like facebook, but I did find an application that allows you to post a link of a picture from your phone! This also allows you to post a tweet along with the link to the picture. You can take new pictures, or post old pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a faculty member used TwitPic to post links to pictures on Twitter while on Project Term. It worked well.

    http://twitter.com/ashgalveston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another tool used successfully by a faculty member is yfrog - http://yfrog.com/.

    ReplyDelete